The object of the Society is to promote Dog Shows, Matches
and talks to encourage an intelligent interest in the breeding, rearing and exhibition of good specimans of the various breeds.
The Society was founded on 12th October 1943 after a meeting at the Nags Head, Grantham on 26th August 1943 under
the Chairmanship of Councillor F.J. Cheshire.
Mr E.G. Bodycote was the first elected Secretary and the
first show was on Boxing Day of that year.
The Patron Mr D.F. Oliver OBE, B.Sc. F.R.C.V.S. has been involved with
the Society since it's inauguration and was at that first meeting.